Thursday, December 31, 2009

lemon and honey sugar body polish

I am crazy about sugar scrubs, body polishes, etc. but they can be very expensive (think Brown Sugar Body Scrub by Fresh) until my friend Deidre made a batch of sugar scrub a few years ago. I happened to see a similar recipe for it in a C&H ad this holiday and I thought it would make a great stocking stuffer or hostess gift for Christmas.

I made a few changes to the to the recipe and you can certainly use any fragrance essence
you prefer. I used 8oz. low mason jars with simple ribbon and a hang tag that stated what it was. Of course small jars with custom labels and stickers would look great--the possibilities are endless. The best part, your skin really is silky smooth and sugar has long been known for its healing powers. I would not use it on the face. Wipe the tub or shower well after use. It can be really slick.
The recipe:
1 cup white or brown sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil like canola (no olive oil--too much odor)
1/4 cup honey
4 capsules of vitamin e oil
2 or 3 drops of lemon essential oil (or to your liking)
Stir, and package. Does not need to be refrigerated, but will need a little stir with each use.
Makes 16 oz.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Diana! The scrub os really nice and I really use it! It makes a difference especially this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is a stunning lot of polishes, and such beautiful Body Polishing Services In Delhi

    ReplyDelete